The Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program, now called FoodWIse, for Vilas, Florence and Forest Counties strives to reach individuals and families with limited resources to share information related to nutrition, feeding families on a limited budget and ways to stretch food dollars. Individuals and families eligible for food stamps are our primary audience.
FoodWIse Related Links of Interest
For People without power and wondering about food safety please click on the link below for more information.
The Power is Off: Is the Food Still Safe?
- Extension Program in Nutritional Science
- Food Preservation Food Safety and Health
- UW Extension Food and Nutrition Publications
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
- UW Center for Meat Process Validation
- American Dietetic Association
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- National Center for Home Food Preservation Nutrition
- Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC) Wisconsin First
- Recipe Finder
Current FoodSense Newsletter Topics:
If you have any questions regarding FoodWIse in Florence County, please contact:
Areas of Expertise
|FoodWIse Nutrition Educator Florence County – UW Extension
Florence Natural Resource Center 5628 Forestry Dr.
Florence, WI 54121Phone: 715-528-5490, Ext. 115
|Jeanne Richard is a Nutrition Educator for Florence County providing nutritional information for families and children.|
|FoodWIse Nutrition Program Coordinator
for Florence, Forest, & Vilas Counties200 East Madison St.
Crandon, WI 54520
|Karly is the FoodWIse in Coordinator for Vilas, Florence, and Forest Counties.|